A few pages of Portuguese history have already been written here, from the French Invasions to the links to the Order of Malta and D. Nuno Álvares Pereira, third Count of Ourém. Linked to this important character in our history, is the chapel porch, one of the most important buildings on the property. This gained historical importance when, in August 1385, on the way to the Battle of Aljubarrota, Constable D. Nuno here would have knelt and prayed to Santa Luzia, appealing for his divine protection. The interior, remodeled and enlarged in its dimensions over time, keeps the vaulted and gothic chancel with Manueline gothic expression. Later, the property entered the family at the hands of the 1st Baron of Alvaiázere, who received the title during the reign of D. João VI (1816-1826) for the dedicated medical services he rendered to the King. In 1984 it became a well-known tourism unit, due to the quality it has always offered its guests. Today it maintains a traditional atmosphere and a living environment. From the stone walls to the entrance, to the majestic staircase that leads to the dining room, past the Arraiolos tapestries and the portraits on the walls, everything converges in an environment of great involvement.